Energy System Transformation
Enlarge image bilaterale Energiezusammenarbeit (© courtesy to BMWI) New York State has released an ambitious energy plan with a target of 40% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 levels and a 50% share of energy generation from renewable energy sources by 2050. These represent some of the most ambitious climate and renewable energy targets in the USA. The Federal Government of Germany is also actively pursuing an energy transition path with an intended reduction of GHG by 80-95% and a share of renewable energy of 60% of gross final energy consumption by 2050. Germany is eager to find partners in the international energy transition, by exchanging ideas and by sharing its myriad experiences (and challenges) in energy policy and technology development gained over the past decades.
Aiming strengthen the transatlantic energy cooperation, encourage the exchange of experiences and best practices and build up energy transition policy expertise - the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy invites policy-makers, entrepreneurs and energy experts from New York State to participate in a delegation trip to Germany. The trip is jointly organized by the German American Chamber of Commerce in New York and the Renewables Academy (RENAC) in Berlin.
Who is eligible to participate in the delegation trip?
This trip targets energy experts from New York State and New York City, including:
- policy makers and energy officials on state and city level
- thinks tank representatives
- industry representatives
- researchers, NGO, other
Why should I participate?
- The objective of the delegation trip is to enhance transatlantic energy cooperation by connecting US policy makers, think tanks and experts from NY State with their German counterparts.
- The US delegation will be given the opportunity to learn more about German energy policies, meet relevant stakeholders, visit real-life manifestations of policy and discuss different aspects of energy policy.
- A small group of up to 15 select participants will ensure an experience tailored to individualized needs. (Please select your meeting preferences and site visits on page 5 of this application package.
Complete the application form and submit to: consulting(at)gaccny.com.
Application Deadline: April 10, 2017.
For more information and the application form, please check out these documents