The German Consulate General is Seeking to Hire a Driver
The German Consulate General in Atlanta is seeking a driver (male/female), starting on November 1, 201, full-time (40 hrs. per week), initially limited to one year.
Daytime and travel duty as necessary or according to official requirements.
· Driving for the German Consulate General in Atlanta
· Driving the Consul General from and to his home every day and to appointments
· Driving members of the Consulate General to appointments
· Performing care- and maintenance of the Consulate's vehicles
· Valid US Driver‘s-license
· For non-US citizens: valid Green card for the U.S.A.
· Multi-year work experience as a professional driver
· Preferably multi-year accident-free driving record
· Excellent knowledge of the city of Atlanta and its surroundings
· Good command of English in writing and speaking, knowledge of the German language is beneficial
· Distinct ability to work together in a team, flexibility and reliability/dependability
· Good manners and well-groomed appearance
· No criminal record
· Ability to work under pressure as well as willingness to work overtime including at inconvenent times
· Good health condition; fitness to drive
The work-related contractual terms and conditions comply with American law.
The gross salary is USD 3,200 for the time being and is based on the current salary scheme of the Consulate General including a 6 months trial period.
Overtime hours worked generally will be compensated on a financial basis.
Application in English or German should comprise
· Copies of certificates and evidence of your professional qualifications and experience
· Copies of your passport and/or Green Card if applicable
· Copy of US Driver’s-license
· Copies of documents relating to your academic qualifications
· Certificate of good conduct (Police record)
· Certificate preferred of your insurance verifying your accident-free driving record
Applications should be handed in no later than October 6th, 2017 only by email to
Incomplete application papers cannot be considered.
Applicants who are taken into closer consideration will be invited for an interview. All applicants not having received a notice by October 9th 2017 could not be considered.
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
Marquis Two Tower – Suite 901
285 Peachtree Center Avenue, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30303-1221 /USA