The German Embassy in Washington is seeking to fill a position for a local employee/office assistant in the political affairs department starting presumably July 1, 2018, for an initial period of one year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform clerical work in English and German
- Prepare visitor programs and conduct related written and phone correspondence including scheduling appointments for visitors/delegation
- Hotel and transport reservations, collect and submit security clearance information
- Maintain and update department’s contact data files
Qualifications and Requirements
- Several years of experience as an office assistant or secretary
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English and German
- Very good IT knowledge, in particular Word, Excel, OpenOffice
- Organizational skills and ability to work in a team
- Loyalty and discretion
- Poise and professionalism
- Protocol and negotiating skills
- Prior administrative experience desired
Contract conditions and compensation are based on the standard employment agreement for nondiplomatic staff at the German foreign missions in the U.S. and on the corresponding pay scale.
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must have a pre-existing U.S. work authorization that does not require Embassy sponsorship.
Please send applications, along with the usual documents (résumé, copy of diploma or proof of completion of studies, employment references, copy of your passport, and, if applicable, green card or visa and work permit) by May 31st, 2018 to:
Attn.: Ms. Anja Malchereck
4645 Reservoir Rd. NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel.: (202) 298 4353