The German Embassy in Washington is seeking to fill a position for a local employee/office assistant in the office of the liaison officer of the German Federal Police starting presumably January 1, 2019, for an initial period of one year.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform clerical work in English and German
· Prepare meetings, official travels conferences
· Initial assessment of extensive texts from public sources
· Assistance with information management and office organization (filing, accounting etc.
· Administration of operating funds and facilities
· Execute driving jobs and errands
· Office management when the liaison officer is absent
· Occasionally translating
Qualifications and Requirements
· Very good knowledge of written and spoken English and German
· Very good IT knowledge, in particular Word, Excel, OpenOffice
· No criminal record
· Driver’s Licence
· Organizational skills and ability to work in a team
· Loyalty and discretion
· Readiness to be away on business for several days domestically and abroad
· Prior administrative experience and/or as an office assistant or secretary desired
· BA/Associate Degree or completed vocational training desired
Contract conditions and compensation are based on the standard employment agreement for nondiplomatic staff at the German foreign missions in the U.S. and on the corresponding pay scale.
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must have a pre-existing U.S. work authorization that does not require Embassy sponsorship.
Please send applications, along with the usual documents (résumé, copy of diploma or proof of completion of studies, employment references, copy of your passport, and, if applicable, green card or visa and work permit) by December 7th, 2018 to:
Attn.: Mr. Sebastian Klaer
4645 Reservoir Rd. NW
Washington, DC 20007