Office Hours - Consular and Legal Services
The Consular and Legal Departments are open to the public Monday through Friday, except on selected German and American Holidays.
Admittance to the Consulate will be by appointment only. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
Weapons of any kind (including but not limited to guns, knives, harmful sprays) will not be allowed on the premises. If applicants have these objects in their possession upon arrival at the Consulate General, they will be prohibited from entering. If the object cannot be deposited at a location outside of the building, applicants will have to schedule a new appointment.
Effective immediately, the following rules will be applied to be granted entry to the Consulate General:
- Please wear a mask when visiting the Consulate.
- Please be on time, but not earlier than 10 minutes before the start of your appointment.
- Access to the Consulate is granted only to the applicant. Minors may be accompanied by one custodian and those in need of assistance may be accompanied by one accompanying person.
- Please abstain from visiting the Consulate if you have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Please note that your temperature might be taken upon entry.
Please follow us on social media (Twitter and Facebook) where we will provide the most up-to-date Information.
Passport and Visa
|Other Consular Services|
How to Schedule an Appointment
During our regular telephone hours, please call 404 905 0000.
You can also send us an email. We will respond as quickly as possible.
If you have an extreme emergency outside of our regular telephone hours, please call 202 298 4000.
The Consulate can be reached by telephone during the following hours:
|Monday - Thursday||8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. |
|Friday||8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
The German Consulate General in Atlanta will be closed on the following German and American holidays in 2022:
January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
March 8: International Women's Day
April 15: Good Friday
April 18: Easter Monday
May 30: Memorial Day
June 6: Whit Monday
July 4: Independence Day
September 5: Labor Day
October 3: Day of German Reunification
November 24: Thanksgiving Day
December 26: Boxing Day