German Chancellor Fellowship (Apply by October 15th)
German Chancellor Fellowship, © Humboldt Stiftung
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships to prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, South Africa and the USA – irrespective of their field of work.
The German Chancellor Fellowship for tomorrow’s leaders
Spread the word and find tomorrow's leaders!
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships to prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, South Africa and the USA – irrespective of their field of work. Together with a German host and mentor of their choice, fellows conduct a socially relevant project they have developed independently.
Due to the war in Ukraine, the German Chancellor Fellowship for prospective leaders is still not open to applicants from the Russian Federation this year.
Application deadline: 15 October 2023
Recommended period of sponsorship: 1 October 2024 – 30 September 2025
- A monthly fellowship of €2,000, €2,300 or €2,600, depending on the applicant’s qualifications
- Flexible timing: 12-month fellowship between 1 August 2024 – 31 March 2026
- Individual mentoring during the stay in Germany
- Additional financial support such as mobility allowance, subsidies towards insurances, family benefits and support towards travel expenses
- Intensive preparatory German course and further language support
- Joint programme events with an opportunity to meet the German Chancellor, and an invitation to a study tour of Germany
- The chance to actively participate in a vibrant network and cooperate in peer groups
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during the fellow`s entire professional career
Further information, a list of all application requirements and a link to the online application form are available at www.humboldt-foundation.de/youngleaders