Regional: Visa, Passport, Legal

15.11.2021 - Article

Regional specifications for the Tri-State area

Short term visa appointments can be booked via our external service provider BLS International (https://usa.blsgermanyvisa.com/). BLS International facilitates the application process. However, the external service provider has no influence on processing of your application.

Appointments for residence visas can only be booked through the online appointment system of the German Consulate General in New York.

​​​​​​​If you are unable to keep your booked appointment, please cancel your appointment immediately. Otherwise you deny other applicants the opportunity to get an appointment.

Important Note: The Consulate General New York can only provide those services to residents of the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut (Fairfield County) as well as Bermuda.
If you do not live in this region, please contact the mission that is responsible for your area. To find out which of the nine German missions in the US can assist you, please use our Consulate Finder.

Important information for passport applications for minors:

A Statement of Consent is required if one of the parents or legal guardians is not present at the passport appointment for a minor. The parent or legal guardian that is unable to attend, must sign a Statement of Consent in front of a notary public and the declaration needs a raised seal to be valid. Online notaries are not accepted at this time. Only a stamp from the notary public is not sufficient for the issuance of a passport for a minor. The Statement of Consent can be found under Passport for Minors section.​​​​​​​

Important information for visa applicants:

In case you have been issued a Schengen visa within the past 59 months for which your fingerprints were taken and you used this visa for entering into the Schengen zone, you can also send your application by mail to our external service provider BLS International. Further information can be found here.

Please note that Mail-In applications that are sent directly to the German Consulate in New York will not be accepted and will be forwarded to BLS.

Translators and Lawyers

Top of page