Family Matters

Familie© Colourbox

I was born in Germany and need to have my birth certificate re-issued. How to go about it?

Our child was born in the U.S. and we would like to apply for a German birth certificate for our child. What do we have to do?

I got married in the U.S. and want to change my last name in my passport. What do I have to fill out?

I have received news from Germany that I have become an heir of an estate. What do I have to do now?

If you have one of these or similar questions regarding family matters, the German Missions in the U.S. provide you with more information on the following:

Top of page