Certificate of Conduct

27.07.2022 - Article

Do you need a Certificate of Conduct (“Führungszeugnis”) from the Federal Office of Justice (“Bundesamt für Justiz”)?

Jemand zeigt mit dem Finger auf ein erweitertes Führungszeugnis
Führungszeugnis© Stephan Jansen/dpa

In the Federal Republic of Germany, all police records are filed at the Federal Central Criminal Register, the so-called “Bundeszentralregister” (BZR).

If you wish to apply for a certificate of conduct (“Führungszeugnis”), please read the information and download the application form on the website of the Federal Office of Justice (available in English).

Your signature on the application can be notarized by any U.S. notary public.

Top of page