Entry clearance requirements depend on the citizenship of the applicant. Nationals of the following countries are required to be in possession of an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit area of airports in Germany:
Where and how to apply?
German consular services are available through its Embassy in Washington and Consulates in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco.
All German Missions require that you schedule an appointment in order to apply for a visa. Appointments have to be booked via our free online appointment system. Except for rare instances, you have to submit your application in person.
Click below to find out where to submit your application and to learn about any specific application procedures. Due to local particularities handling and processing may vary slightly among the German Missions involved.
What do I need to fill out?
- Online Schengen Visa Application Form
- alternatively: Paper Schengen Visa Application Form (German-English or German-Spanish)
- Declaration of Accuracy of Information PDF / 197 KB
- Visa Photo Examples PDF / 550 KB
- Visa Fees
- Information on Data Protection