PASCH: Education creates prospects – multilingualism opens horizons!
In February 2008 the Federal Foreign Office launched the Schools: Partners for the Future (PASCH) initiative. The aim of PASCH is to create and strengthen a global network of partner schools—over 2,000 today, and growing—with special links to Germany.
A worldwide network of partner schools
In more than 120 countries, PASCH schools arouse and sustain young people’s interest in and enthusiasm for modern-day Germany and the German language. To inspire schools, teachers and students to develop vivid and long-lasting links with Germany while engaging in inter-cultural cooperation, the initiative supports member schools with a broad range of services and special opportunities.
Staff and equipment support
- Teachers and experts from Germany assist the partner schools
- Schools receive teaching materials and technical equipment
Advice and qualification
- Teachers of German from around the world take part in training courses and are able to spend time in schools in Germany
- Students participate in cultural projects and competitions, thus increasing their fluency in German
- Education administrators are invited to take part in fact-finding tours to Germany
- Education departments are given advice on how to develop modern curricula for German-language teaching, and schools are advised as to the selection of teaching materials
Language and study scholarships
- Students have the opportunity to attend courses in Germany
- Specially gifted pupils are invited to spend a longer period in Germany
- Qualified graduates receive a scholarship to study at a German university
- Students and teachers can make contact and improve their German and related knowledge with other German learners and speakers through www.pasch-net.de
- Schools receive assistance in partnership-building and student exchange with schools in Germany
- Partner schools network with German universities with a view to their graduates’ subsequent studies