Whether you're interested in literature or philosophy, want to gain a competetive edge in business, or simply want to communicate with Germans in their native language, there are many reasons for learning German. Here we list a few.
- Germany is one of the world's largest exporters.
- German is the most commonly spoken language in the EU.
- 18 percent of the world's books are published in German.
- Germany is home to many international corporations.
- German is no more difficult to learn to speak and write than other languages.
- German is the second-most-commonly used scientific language.
- German is the language of Goethe, Nietzsche and Kafka. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Freud and Einstein also spoke German.
- Speaking and understanding German will deepen your knowledge of the culture and improve your employment opportunities.
- Learning German provides deeper insights into a region that plays a vital role in central Europe's intellectual and economic life and its cultural history.
- In many regions, Germans account for the largest percentage of tourists.